Monday 7 June 2010

Granny Jen's Birthday


Sometimes when inspiration strikes you've just got to follow your creative instincts and see where it leads you. My Granny Jen had a BIG birthday on April 21st so I just had to reach for my sketchbook. As my parents are too stingy to give me pocket money (see previous post) I had to put on my thinking cap and go freestyle with some original artwork.  When it comes to art, I prefer a 'less is more' approach and prefer to make small interventions on paper following the Surrealist notion of "automatic drawing" - I just put the pencil on paper and see where it takes me. Its best not to over-think things y'know?  I put my completed picture in Granny Jen's Birthday box - I haven't had any feedback yet but I hope she liked it. If not, hey! The worlds a critic...I can't help it if I'm ahead of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment