Thursday 4 February 2010

More Derbyshire

This is the view from Monsall Head over the old viaduct - we stayed in a really lovely little B&B about 2 minutes from here...I had been all um, blocked up shall we say for a week and the combination of the fresh air peace and quiet and the log fire just helped me relax. I think Mum and Dad nearly fainted for some reason and I heard some rumblings about whether we had bought enough wipes but after a good five minutes of constant "relaxation" on my part The Olds were in hysterics, bless 'em. I don't know what was so flippin' funny - the whole idea of going on holiday was to relax and let go of all your cares wasn't it? Sheesh...

Anyhoo, I had a bath in the biggest cast iron tub Mummy had ever seen (over 6 feet long) - Mum had a bath later on her own and she said she had had an almost "primal experience" - I don't know what that means but as if shes happy it makes life a lots easier on the Johnston men ifyouknowwhattamean...

Mum ate quite a lot of breakfast...homebaked bread, homemade compote, fresh laid eggs, Derbyshire oatcakes, fresh squeezed juice. She went a bit weird and dreamy like she'd been hypnotised.

No comments:

Post a Comment